Monday, July 26, 2010

Goal #18 had me in stitches

Goal #18 - Attend five plays, musicals, or symphonies (3 of 5)

I used to act. Theatre once was the center of my life. Have I mentioned that before? Oh. I have? Numberous time? Oh. Well then.

Even though I haven't had the opportunity to be on stage in three+ years, I love, love, love to go to the theatre. Years back, I worked with an incredible community theatre in Tucson called WayPoint Theatre. Because of my fond memories with Waypoint, I especially love getting the chance to support other local community theatre troupes of quality. But I haven't found one I really loved in Phoenix until now.

As an early birthday present, Devin took me to see The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abriged) performed by Brelby Theatre Company. (My man knows what I love!)

It. Was. HI-LAR-IOUS.

I don't think I've laughed that hard at a theater production in... ever. The acting was fantastic, the dialogue hysterical and the props/blocking/improvisations were perfect for the production. If you ever get the chance to see this play - take it! (Disclaimer: It is definitely a P-13 rated show, so just be forewarned.) Brelby Theatre - great job! I look forward to seeing more of your work.



(If any one lives in the Phoenix area and is looking for some great and affordable theatre - check them out!)
(And if you are in Tucson, go support my buddies over at Waypoint!)

1 comment:

  1. I was referred to your blog from Facebook and I couldn't agree with you more! They are a very talented group and I look forward to future productions. We drove all the way from Kingman just to see them! I hope more and more people take the time to treat themselves and enjoy Brelby's talents!

    ReplyDelete

Got some Notions of your own about this post? Share them!