Monday, May 23, 2011

Goal #91 COMPLETE - Barry & Steffani's Wedding

More progress on my Project 101 in 1001 list. Read about my journey here.

Goal #91: Shoot at least five weddings with Devin - COMPLETE!

It's a good thing that I completed this goal when I did, because photographing a wedding while doubly-pregnant is way more tiring that I would have guessed - and I'm only 19 weeks along! At one point, Devin even put me in a "pregnancy time out" because he felt I was over-doing it. I had to sit at the DJ table and drink at least half a bottle of water before I was allowed to get back up and take more pictures. (Yes, my husband is a little bit protective of his preggo wife, but only because he knows me well and knows that I tend to push myself way too far. He's done a great job keeping a loving eye on me since I've been pregnant.)

The finale of this goal was the incredibly fun wedding of our friends Barry and Steffani. Barry was Devin's best man and the two of them have been close since middle school. Steffani is a sweatheart with an ever-ready smile who also happens to be a huge Disney fanatic - which makes me happy. Their wedding was our favorite kind to shoot - well planned, but super relaxed, a little bit silly, with lots of wonderful personal touches and laughter abounding.

Barry and Steff's ceremony was by far the most fun one I've ever been too. Made so primarily by a love-song medley that the Bride and Groom arranged. It was full of sweet, romantic and very hilarious snatches of famous love songs from just about every genre imaginable.



Towards the end of the song, the Maid of Honor took the mic from Steffani and joined in with "Kiss the Girl" from Disney's The Little Mermaid. The arrangement ended with the whole bridal party singing the final chords. What else could the pastor do after such a number but to pronounce them man and wife and tell Barry to kiss his girl? 


Here are a few more of our favorite shots (see more on Devin's blog.)







Congratulations Barry and Steff!! We are so thrilled that you are finally hitched!

This wedding was a blast and the perfect way to finish off this goal. I'm so looking forward to shooting more weddings with Devin in the future... but probably not until I'm done being two-for-one pregnant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some Notions of your own about this post? Share them!