Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Goal #33 COMPLETE: Summer Preggo Pedi

More progress on my Project 101 in 1001 list. Read about my journey here. 

Goal #33: Get a pedicure on the first day of summer - COMPLETE

Well Happy Toes to me and Happy First Day of Summer to you!

I can probably count on one hand (or foot) the number of pedicures I've received in my lifetime. It's not that I don't like them - I most certainly do. I'm just plain, too darn cheap to spend that kind of money on my toes unless something really special is happening (like getting married... which was the occasion for my most recent pedicure... a year-and-a-half ago.) 

Even though this was one of my more self-indulgent goals, I didn't feel all that bad about completing it. In fact, this little bit of non-necessity pampering could not have come at a better time. Mainly because the difficulty in reaching my toes is increasing daily and my normally neatly trimmed and painted-at-home "piggies" were ready to cry their gnarly selves "wee, wee, wee" all the way to the spa.

Also - it's morbidly hot in Phoenix right now and being quite pregnant, I feel gross, sweaty and greasy most of the time. It was nice to get something "pretty" done to my rapidly blossoming body. Even if it was just to the toes that I will not be able to see soon.

So during my lunch break, while the weather outside was a blazing 105 degrees (at which point, in my opinion, summer is far beyond beginning and already in full, sweltering swing), I went for a pedicure. It was a delightful way to take a breather from an otherwise hectic (and hot - did I mention hot?) day at work. Bring on the crazy deadlines and the crazier clients - this mama's relaxed, beautified and ready for just about anything! (Except for maybe the heat.)


Bonus, Random Fact of the Day: Here's something you may not know, or care to know (but I'll tell you anyways) - If a person's second toe is longer than his/her big toe, it is called "Morton's Toe" of which, as you can see from the image above, I have a mild case of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some Notions of your own about this post? Share them!